Callaway 300 Pro Rangefinder Review
Callaway 300 Pro Laser Rangefinder “Dreams about the future are always filled with gadgets.” Neil deGrasse Tyson
It is contended here that dreams of the future are not without gadgets. Callaway 300 pro is one such gadget, which can make the dreams of a golf player come true.
Callaway 300 pro is there for golf players, for the same reasons calculation devices are there to do the tedious job of calculations for any other professional. The Callaway 300 pro is a laser device that does the calculations for the golf players to find out the distance and slope in a golf course. The laser enabled Callaway device allows the golf player to lock onto the pin and measures the distance. Thus, the golf player knows the distance the ball must travel to reach the hole.
On the average, the Callaway 300 pro efficiently do the tracking of the hole 300 yards away. One of the most popping features of the Callaway 300 pro laser rangefinder is that it also considers the slopes and dips in the course while measuring the distances to the hole. In the sports of golf, rangefinder Callaway 300 pro is categorized as a pro rangefinder, which is easy to use, apt with acquisition technology, slope technology, gives accurate distance, and pin acquisition, among many other features.
In this blog post, we are going to go into the nitty-gritty of this gadget to help you better understand Callaway 300 pro and make the right decision before you buy it, recommend it or use it.
Callaway Rangefinder: Description
The description of the Callaway 300 Pro is given below.
- The weight of the laser rangefinder is 7.58oz.
- It has a size of 4.25vx 3 x 1.75 (inches).
- Generate the chirp sound when the laser rangefinder locks onto the pin.
- It is equipped with the slope technology, which finds it helps in finding the slope adjusted range.
- It is equipped with the Pin Acquisition Technology (PAT), which lock onto the pin up to the range of 300 yards.
- It is equipped with scanning technology, through which the landscape could be scanned to acquire multiple targets.
- The maximum measurement range is 1000 yards.
- It can give 6x magnification.
- It provides measurements in yards or meters.
- It is accurate, up to 1 yard.
- It is water and fog proof.
Changing Callaway Rangefinder Units from Yards to Meters or Vice Versa
To change the measuring unit of the rangefinder from Yards “Y” to Meters, press the power button. It will turn on the power. Once the power is turned on, hold the mode button. The “M” sign shows the mode button. The unit of measures, Yard (“Y”) or Meter “M,” is directly shown to the right side of the distance displayed. Choose “Y” for measurement in yards or choose “M” for measurement in meters.
The following are the recommended maintenance tips of Callaway 300 pro.
- To clean the Callaway 300 pro, use only the soft cloth. It will not only clean the product but also avoid the scratches.
- In any case, do not apply any cleaning products. Also, do not submerge the product in liquid.
- Preferably keep the product at room temperatures, which should be within the range of < 50 degrees F – > 100
- Degrees F.
- When not in use, the carrying case must be used to store the product.
Precautions and Warnings
The following are the precautions and warnings to use the Callaway 300 pro.
- Never look directly into the range finder when used directly into the sun or intense light.
- Never point or aim the laser rangefinder at another living being (animals/birds/humans).
- Never point or aim the laser rangefinder at another living being’s (animals/birds/humans) eyes or face.
- Do not attempt to disassemble.
The following products are standard in rangefinder review of the competitor or similar products.
- Nikon COOLSHOT 20i GII Rangefinder
- Bushnell Tour V5
- Bushnell Tour V5 Shift
- Leupold GX-2i3 Rangefinder
Pros and Cons of Callaway 300 Pro
In the following section, the pros and cons of Callaway golf rangefinder pro are discussed.
The following are the Pros of Callaway 300 pro.
- It is compact, lightweight, and easy to carry. It allows the golf pro, very handy to carry it from course to course, without much worrying about its weight or space requirements.
- It is an all-weather friend of a golf player, both in a literal and idiomatic sense. It has been made with the material that can work in all weather. Idiomatically, it is helping the golf player irrespective of the course type, location, or conditions.
- It gives accurate and precise distance within the range of 1 yard.
- It is straightforward to understand its operations and use.
- It is equipped with the lock-onto-technology.
- The lock provides the clarity in pin acquisition of the golf flag onto technology.
- It helps in ease of use in finding the range and slope.
- The Callaway 300 pro gives signals in the forms of excellent chirp sound to inform the golf player if s/he is close to the pin.
- It offers up to 6x magnification of the view.
- It is provided with the pin lock mode of up to 300 yards.
The following are the Cons of the Callaway rangefinder 300 pros.
- The Callaway 300 pro carries a little higher price tag from among the Callaway rangefinders and other rangefinders of different brands.
- Since it is a laser rangefinder, it requires a steady hand. In case a steady hand is not provided to it during its use, the laser rangefinder can result in inconsistent and inaccurate findings of range, pin, and slope.
- It can only offer up to 6x magnification of the view. It may become a little limiting for the senior golfers.
- The pin lock mode only works up to 300 yards. It becomes a real problem for a player who relies heavily on the laser rangefinder and must play in a more significant course.
- Since the Callaway 300 pro rangefinder is battery operated, one might be constrained to use low levels of 300 pro rangefinder screen light. On sunny days, it can be a little challenging to work with the low screen light of the 300-pro rangefinder and reading its screen.
The Callaway 300 pro rangefinder is a vital gadget to be used in a golf course. It is easy to use and is mostly used to determine the distance and slope in a golf course. The rangefinder review clearly shows that it is equipped with: 1.> slope technology to determine the slopes, and 2.> acquisition technology for pin acquisition accurate up to 1 yard. The Callaway 300 rangefinder must be part of the golf luggage for players who are novice and handicap.
Many seasoned players also carry the rangefinder to make the right decision. It is a must, especially for those golf players who see a career in the sport of golf.
Another Rangefinder review that you might want to check-out is Sig Sauer Kilo 850.