Why is Golf Rangefinder Required?
Even the best golfers adjust swing, force, irons, drivers, posture, and the like but cannot change the distance between him/her and the flag hole. At the same time, knowing about the distance help adjust others. It is where the golf rangefinder pops in.
The rangefinder gives the yardage between the golfer and the flag hole with a few button-presses. Thus, a rangefinder is required to make sure the distance to have the best shot.
How to Choose the Best Range finder Under 100?
You must be aware of the following and make sure that you understand it before you start your hunt for the best golf rangefinder under 100.
- Types of Golf Range finder
- What makes a good rangefinder?
- Your budget?
Types of Golf Rangefinder based on Technology
There are three types of golf rangefinder. The types are based on Technology that is used in golf rangefinders. They are as follow:
- Optical Golf Rangefinder
- Laser Golf Rangefinder
- GPS Golf Rangefinder
Optical Golf Rangefinder
They are the very first golf rangefinders, which were based on the principles of parallax. They are available at a low price and offer no special features to the golfer.
They are sturdy but require steady hands, a little technical know-how, and can be challenging to use in rainy seasons. They are now obsolete with the invention of the golf laser rangefinder.
Golf Laser Rangefinder
As the name suggests, the golf laser rangefinder uses laser technology to determine the yardage between the golfer and the flag hole. They work on the principle of reflection.
The distance between the flag hole and the golfer is calculated based on the laser beam’s velocity and the time elapsed. In this way, the distance calculated is accurate.
They are light in weight, handy, and are often waterproof/resistant. The golf laser-based rangefinders are better than the optical rangefinders and offer more features.
Further, there are different modes provided, among which one of the modes provides the distance by catering to the golf field’s ups and downs.
On the other hand, they have a higher price tag, require steady hands, and use batteries. The good news for you is that the laser-based best rangefinders under 100 are readily available.
However, the laser-based golf rangefinders are sometimes less preferred over the GPS based golf rangefinders. A brief account of GPS-based golf rangefinders is given below.
GPS Golf Rangefinder
It is based on the program designed to provide the distance using the pin locking principle. The golfer locks onto the flag; once locked, the rangefinder calculates the distance using the GPS.
The distance calculated in this way is accurate and accounts for the golf course’s ups and downs and other hurdles. They are the fastest and the most accurate device to measure the distance between the golfer and the target.
They are convenient and easy to use and can be updated using multiple apps on Apple Store and Play Store. The apps enhance the possibility of different options that can be used with the GPS golf rangefinder.
They require the maps of the course pre-installed before they can take the distance measurements. It is better in performance than a laser rangefinder.
However, the golf GPS rangefinders are rarely available as one of the golf rangefinders under 100. During the rain, they require special attention.
What makes a Good Golf Rangefinder Under 100?
Many attributes account for an excellent rangefinder under 100. The accurate distance measurements are a must, but the following is a complete list of a golf rangefinder’s attributes:
1. It should be accurate. WHY: The accuracies of up to ± 1 yard provide a means of accurate measurements and their quality.
2. It should provide Auto-locking of the target. WHY: Auto-locking provides ease of use and is very useful for golfers who do not have a steady hand.
3. It should have Jolt/vibration technology. WHY: A rangefinder with jolt/vibration technology gives pulses, showing that the target is locked. Therefore, making it easy for the golf player to know if the target has been locked?
4. It should have multiple modes, including the legal mode. WHY: The legal mode is only allowed to be used during a match. However, other modes work as game improvement tools, which a golf player can use during game improvement sessions.
5. It should cater to the ups and downs of the golf course while calculating the distance. WHY: A learning golfer needs it the most.
6. It should be Water Proof/resistant. WHY: There are many a time when the golf players come across rain during the game. Therefore, a rangefinder should be waterproof/resistant to be managed in such a situation.
7. It should be handy. WHY: A golfer has to manage and think a lot on a golf course; therefore, the rangefinder should be very handy.
8. It should be durable, reliable, and easy to use. WHY: A golfer requires it many times.
9. It should provide the zooming /magnification option of at least 6x magnification to 7x magnification. WHY: In this way, the golfer will be more significant in locking the target and looking at other distant objects. The 6x magnification is a must. A rangefinder with this option can also be used as an adjustable monocular.
10. Its lens should be multicoated. WHY: The multicoated lens provides comfortable seeing even on a bright sunny day also.
11. It should offer multiple options such as speed mode: WHY: It can be used on various occasions for multiple purposes.
12. Last but not least, good rangefinders under 100 should be worth the value. WHY: In this way, a golfer will be able to buy other golf gadgets, and having the worth is brings with it satisfaction every time it is used.
If budget can be adjusted, then have a look at the Best Rangefinders ever.