Is Mizuno JPX 900 Forged Irons Good For Your Game?
Great Feel & Easy Distance Control
The most important thing about Mizuno JPX 900 Forged Irons is their clubheads, they are very well designed to improve your game without forcing you to adjust your golfing style because Mizuno uses a combination of steel and boron to make the head of these irons. The result is that Mizuno JPX 900 gives the player a great feel and forgiveness, while also slightly improving the speed of the ball.
All of this means that Mizuno JPX 900 forged irons are ideal for those golfers who are used to the traditional size of the clubhead. But, no old-fashioned golf clubs can come near to Mizuno JPX 900 in terms of feel and performances.
And the fact that even popular golfer Paul Casey uses these irons is a sign of their quality. They’re guaranteed to improve your play without causing you to struggle to adjust to a new size and/or design.
Features of Mizuno JPX 900 Irons
- Boron forging technology – The faces are thinner than most golfers would expect, and the reason for that is that Mizuno engineers took advantage of the Boron forging technology, the thing is, it is lighter yet stronger than regular Steel, which is why they had no problem creating a club with a thin face that gives the players a boost in distance and forgiveness.
- 3 to 6-irons clubhead construction – Here’s another benefit of using boron in the forging process – it allows the engineers to add a pocket cavity into the clubheads of 3 to 6-irons. The result is that these irons now produce a much better ball speed, while still maintaining the feel.
- Project X shaft – Mizuno uses Project X shafts, which are famous for their lightweight. That’s another reason why these irons feel great in hand.
- Weighted perimeter – The BFT has made these irons super-lightweight, which is why Mizuno engineers decided to add more weight to the perimeter, thus raising the inertia moment. This is done to make this set extremely forgiving so that they can make the ball travel at very high speeds.
- Forgiveness – Mizuno JPX 900 Forged Irons are designed to reduce the impact of the mistakes you make. It’s all thanks to the special technology used for the construction of these clubheads.
- Distance – These Irons are game-improving not only because they “forgive” you for your mistakes, but also because they make the ball travel longer distances. Regardless of your current skill level, you are almost certain to get a significant distance increase immediately.
- Easy distance control – The peak height of the ball does not differ much regardless of which iron from the Mizuno JPX 900 set you’re using. What this means is that you will not have problems controlling the distance. Pretty much, the ball speed and ball flight are consistent.
- Feel and looks – These irons are designed to feel good in the hand, as well as to look beautiful. If you purchase this set, your buddies are going to be jealous, and there’s absolutely no doubt about that.
- Price – With the price of over a thousand dollars, these irons aren’t cheap. Still, considering how big of an improvement they are going to make in your performances on the court, it’s definitely a good idea to get them.
Alternatives to Mizuno JPX 900 Forged Irons
You can look for alternatives to these irons in Mizuno’s collection, particularly within the JPX 900 series of irons. Apart from JPX900 Forged Irons, Mizuno also offers JPX900 Tour and JPSX900 Hot Metal. All three are balanced performance irons made of different base materials. Their prices do not vary a lot, so you could definitely find something to your liking there. But if you are a senior then you should read our clubs for seniors review.
You can take a look at the specs of Mizuno MP-25 irons for which Mizuno engineers used boron to add more strength. If Mizuno isn’t your brand of choice, our advice is to take a look at other manufacturers like PING G400 IRONS and CALLAWAY EDGE IRON.
You can also try the previous version – The Mizuno JPX 850 forged.
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged Irons – Should You Buy Them?
The big question is not whether you should purchase Mizuno JPX 900 Forged Irons, but whether you are prepared to pay a little bit more and get a set of irons that will do wonders for your game. Of course, they won’t turn you into a pro golfer right away, but they will help you send the ball further away.
And the best thing is that they will improve your game without making you adjust the way you play. What this means is that you are bound to get used to them very quickly. And all of this is achieved through the use of boron infused steel for the clubhead, which makes the face much thinner than what is the case with most other irons.