TaylorMade P790 Irons Review 2020
The TaylorMade P790 Irons has been named for its 79mm blade size. It is thicker than most of the blades available in the market. It provides the offset and more confidence to the players while carrying and playing.
TaylorMade P790 Review
Here are some basics of TaylorMade P790
- It is made up of forged Iron. The face is forged from Carbon Steel 4140.
- The face is welded onto an 8620 carbon steel body. Thus, while hitting, the balls touch the forged body, which allows greater flexibility and serves the purpose of high forgiveness and distance.
- The head of TaylorMade P70 is hollowed. It has a screw in the bottom (toe). The SppeFoa, of 4g, is injected through the screw hole into the cavity. However, it expands to fill and support the forged face.
- The Moment of Intertia (MOI) has been increased by using the high-density tungsten. The weight of the high-density tungsten has been put in the back of the cavity. Thus the MOI is increased.
- The forged face is 1.75mm thick.
- It is for experienced players as well as for growing players.
- The use of flexible thinner face has increased the ball speed. The cut-thru speed pocket is present in the sole of Iron, which helps in increasing the ball speed.
- The TaylorMade P790 iron has a larger blade than its counterparts. It has an excellent feel and looks.
- The TaylorMade P790 iron has been named as such for its 79mm blade size. This sized blade gives the offset to the players.
- The TaylorMade P790 iron has excellent looks, and it stands out in the bag due to its modern design, larger blade size, polished chrome, and matt finish. The review of the TaylorMade P790 suggests that it is one of the most dashing irons in the market ever made by TaylorMade.
- It was launched on August 12, 2019, with a price tag of BP 1299 or USD 1399.99. In this price, the golf players get better forgiveness, better feel, high ball speed, and long-distance.
- The handicap range is from low to a high-medium. It is available in swing weights of D0, D1, D2, and D3.
- The shaft name is True Temper Dynamic Golf 105 VSS, having types Steel and Graphite with Flex range of Regular, Stiff, X Stiff.
- The Iron has a grip of Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 with a hybrid design. The set makeup is available in 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and PW.
- The TaylorMade P790 irons come in two models. The standard P790 edition and the P790 TI edition.
- It is one such kind from many irons through which the golfers get the optimal hit, with high forgiveness, better aesthetics, longer irons, high speed, longer distance, and they share the same club which is carried by the top golfers in the field.
In the following sections, the basics are elaborated for avid readers to review the Iron in more detail.
The TaylorMade P790 is engineered such that it offers excellent forgiveness. According to TaylorMade’s official statement, the P790 Iron’s forgiveness through the optimal use of SpeedFoam technology and forged construction. The golf players experience forgiveness, unlike any other iron from the same range category in terms of price, model, feel, and ball speed. The review about the forgiveness of the different irons suggests that in terms of low and high forgiveness, the P790 offers high forgiveness. It is the one reason why many experiencing golfers like the P790 irons.
The latest technology that goes into engineering the TaylorMade P790 irons offers the feel of the Iron that other irons do not offer. According to the official statement of TaylorMade, the P790 irons offer great feel to the golf player. The TaylorMade P790 reviews also suggest that the audiences of the golf also get similar satisfaction due to its aesthetic design and next-level engineering. The P790 irons have forged construction. It is done on soft materials. The soft materials offer a better feel. Therefore, the review of the feel of the irons suggests that, on the continuum of low and high, the feel offered by the P790 irons are on the higher side of the continuum. It is one of the reasons why many golfers like the P790 irons.
The ball speed of TaylorMade P790 irons provides extra distance over its earlier versions at the same clubhead speed. The TaylorMade P970 has been engineering to improve on the ball speeds it has to offer while maintaining the right forgiveness, distance, and feel of the P790 irons. The review of the ball speed of different irons on the continuum of low and high suggest that the P790 irons are on the higher side of the continuum. It is one of the reasons why many golfers, including the amateurs, like the P790 irons.
Is TaylorMade P790 among Game Improvement Irons or Players Irons?
According to information provided on the TaylorMade Official website, “One main difference is that game-improvement irons are primarily designed for distance and forgiveness, and players irons are designed primarily for workability and feel.”
Guess what! There are many irons that are either the game improvement iron or the player’s Iron. However, there is a considerable gap between on availability of irons, which are both the game improvement iron and the player’s Iron. The TaylorMade P790 irons are the ones that have filled this gap. They belong to both categories. They have been designed and engineered in such a way that they offer complete packages, which is good as game improvement irons and players irons. It is one of the reasons that golfers of all categories like the p790 irons.
Handicap Index of TaylorMade P790 Irons
The Golf Associations have been in search of establishing a system, which may offer all the players to play golf on an equitable basis. According to the United States Golf Association (USGA), the handicap index has been defined as “a measurement of a player’s potential ability on a course of standard playing difficulty.” Therefore, a golf player may calibrate his or her handicap index concerning the difficulty of the course.
The handicap index has been established to give the players a fair chance so that they may compete on an equitable basis. According to the official website of TaylorMade, “… it’s also important to be mindful of your current abilities and choose your irons based on what will make your experience with the game the most enjoyable.” Therefore, knowing about your handicap index is the right way of calibrating your abilities with respect to the golf course. The handicap range of TaylorMade P790 is low to medium-high. The golf players having a handicap index of medium-range may make use of P790 for better managing their game.
Pros and Cons
Following are the Pros and Cons of TaylorMade P790 irons
- The Iron has a great look and feel
- It is longer in size than the others available in the market
- The Iron offers ample forgiveness along with the ball speed.
- Through this Iron, the players get long distances with the ball hit.
- The P790 irons are suitable for both the low performing players as well as the high performing players.
- The sound has been improved.
- It is aesthetically improved, this is probably the reason that golfers with a varying experience like the P790 irons.
- The price of the TaylorMade P790 irons is on a little higher side.
- Due to its design, it causes dispersion of distance.
- There is not much to gain over the earlier versions of the irons.
- They are a bit harder to hit.
- Compared to other products in the market, the P790 offers a low spin rate.
The golf players (both new and seniors) are fortunate enough to have the TaylorMade P790 irons. The irons offer game-improvement for new golf players and experienced ones by enabling them to hit longer distances while shaping the shot that suits the eye of the players. The new compact shape and better length offered by the TaylorMade P970 irons are both aesthetically and technically advantageous for the golf players.
The optimal use of the latest technologies and calibrations such as Tungsten Weight placement, the center of gravity (CG), Inverted Cone Technology (ICT), cut-thru speed pocket, and speed foam technology makes the P790 irons as an excellent pick for golfers of multiple levels. It includes those who are mid-level handicaps and those who are about to be known as the players.